The differences between Large Losses and various other types of losses can be startling. For example, a Factory Fire at a plant that uses Heavy Machinery may lose its office operations but sustain moderate damage to the machinery floor itself so all efforts turn toward getting the manufacturing capacity up and running as quickly as possible while you can bring in portable office space, telephone capabilities and utilities, quickly and easily in order to give the outside world the appearance of a company who is highly functional despite the catastrophic loss of it operating facilities. In short order, they can be taking calls, receiving orders, fulfilling orders and the like with the capable skills of a trained and experienced large loss specialist familiar with such activities. Prompt Mitigation work to wipe down that machinery is critical in limiting loss.
During many of the 35 CE classes I taught in 2009 I was asked to address a growing concern among the Insurance Industry; adequate Insurance coverage. Whether it is used as a method of control over rising costs or simply a shortcut designed to save money in a tight economy, more and more Restoration firms are chosing not to pay for the necessary and growing list of risks that are associated with the nature of Restoration work today. Because of that, I was asked to address the issue in writing about the risks associated with this type of work and the need for such coverage to protect the general public and the Insurance Carriers themselves who may be involved in referring companies who do this work.
- We offer a discount for prompt pay for our commercial clients…. Any invoice paid within 30 days from the date of invoice we will give you a 5% price break. So, on a $100,000.00 loss you would receive a credit of $5000.00. On a loss of $250,000.00, a $12,500.00 reduction and so on. [Applies to any loss over $25k]
- We guarantee a 30 min call back from the time you call in a loss. You speak with one of our professionally trained and certified estimators not an answering service, voice messaging or call waiting. 24 Hours a day. We also guarantee our staff will arrive onsite within 2 hrs to start examining the loss and begin lining up our critical staff to limit damage and save property.
- ‘We Dry WI in 3’ Guarantee on losses up to 250,000 sq ft of fresh water on a sudden and accidental basis when you call us within 12 hrs of the incident. We dry it fast so that you don’t have noisy, unnecessary or costly equipment running for days.
- Our Culture; “Quality in All We Do”. Rather than dazzle you with technical jargon, how much equipment we have stockpiled in our warehouse or last year's sales volume, we focus on understanding you, your property or business and the specific needs of your project. Expertise bourn of years ‘Serving and Saving WI’.
- Our Process; “Educational, Communicative, Guaranteed results!” To better educate and communicate with our clients, we do what it takes to help you understand what’s happening now, and what’s next every step of the way guaranteeing high-quality results, and better customer satisfaction.
- Our Affordability; “Quality craftsmanship at lower cost.” We are not burdened with crippling franchise fees, royalties, labor, equipment and maintenance overhead of other firms. Instead, we focus on managing your project, getting the most talented, qualified and insured tradesmen and subcontractors to participate in the bid process and eliminate costs that don't provide real value.
- Our Sustainability; “Green that makes dollars and sense.” Our clients care about the environment. Few, however, can afford the cost of a full-blown “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design” (LEED) certification. Our qualified project superintendents will help you determine which products, methods and services are appropriate for your project. From running low cost cars and vans to recycling paper to lighting dimmers and high efficiency heating and cooling, we live it. The “Greenest Building” is the one already built… We restore it!
We have employed the use of Ford Minivans for at least 5 years due to the greater load capacity and excellent fuel efficiencies to be gained with these large cargo space V6 Mini-vans for use by our Mitigation crews versus the use of high gas consuming full size Vans. We still have a couple larger V8 vans but try to limit their use to Carpenters who need the extra length for sheets of plywood, lumber and drywall. The minis have allowed us for years to enjoy lower overall gas consumption and replaced the heavier and bulkier Full-size vans long before it was fashionable. It was practical and made good sense while saving significant fuel costs.
It was recently reported that someone had “allergies to ozone”. You cannot have allergies per se to Ozone. Ozone chemically neutralizes (bonds with) Carbon molecules. However, someone can have a ‘reaction’ to too much Ozone (O3). That is why we use it sparingly and don’t over-ozonate. Free radical oxygen (off-gassing from O3) is not an issue. It is the O3 itself that is chemically unstable and looking for Carbon to bond to. Humans have a small percentage of Carbon and therefore it does become a Respiratory irritant at a chemical level in the form of neutralizing carbon in lung tissue microscopically.
In another article soon to be published, the question was posed why All Restoration firms are receiving the same broad negative image that force Franchisees of their Franchise Companies (who derive added Royalty revenue regardless of operator profit) to accept badly sold heavily discounted program work when they can’t operate on 3,5,8 and 10 percent discounted programs without having to “fatten the estimate” just to be able to work under them. Or all Contractors for that matter, who pay the 3, 4, 5 or more percent that TPA’s collect to act as Police. In fact, with honest contractors, many cannot make a living under some heavily discounted programs unless they are willing to acquiesce to some ‘less than honorable’ billing practices. And for survival, many have. With honest profits in good years limited to 7-10 percent before discounts, only the smallest of discounts by honest folks can be agreed to for a quality local firm to survive. While many are not profitable or taking losses some dishonorable ones flourish.